We are going to have our Annual General Meeting (AGM) on June 19, 2017. Details as follow:
Venue: Sheraton Towers (pls see signage at lobby for the room)
Time: Refreshments and networking from 6.30pm. Meeting starts at 7pm.
Duration: 7pm to 10pm
Come join us for an evening of FEAST and CELEBRATION as we vote for a new leadership team!
Activities include :
– Election speeches by candidates
– Review TMCS’ operations and finances over last term
– Propose resolutions for TMCS
– VOTE for your leadership team and the resolutions proposed
All members have the opportunity to ask questions and vote! Your participation and vote is important to ensure continuity for the club and your development.
Information on EXCO roles and responsibilities:
Link to club leadership handbook: https://www.toastmasters.org/~/media/E51A693193F749AE91FD79F6DB839534.ashx
Please feel free to reach out to anyone in the nomination committee if you have any queries. They are:
Ernest Chen – Earnestlyspeaking@gmail.com
YY Lee – Readingleefactor@gmail.com
Jeffrey Williams – email@example.com
Aloysius Lim – firstname.lastname@example.org
Allison Ching – email@example.com
Important notice for members keen on EXCO roles:
– Please let nomination committee know the role/position you are interested in. You will be added to the watsapp group and be connected with past presidents. They can advise you on the roles.
– Please prepare a 2-min election speech for June 19 stating (just a guide) 1) Why you wish to run, 2) Why should members choose you/ What can you bring to the club, 3) Your plans for TMCS in the next term if you are selected for your respective role
– Anyone can contest on that day itself but it is preferred if you let the nomination committee know beforehand so you can be better prepared.
See you all there.
TMCS will be celebrating our 50 years old (or as we prefer 50 years young party 😎) on Monday June 5.
Join us at our birthday party! We have planned an unforgettable evening for you and your guests. It’s ONE party you don’t want to miss because we have planned these goodies:
1) Speech by Guest-of-Honour Richard Tan, CEO and founder of Success Resources. He is DA MAN responsible for bring world class speakers such as Tony Robbins, Nick Vujicic, Bill Clinton and entrepreneurs such as Richard Branson, Tony Fernandes, Bill Gates to Singapore!
2) Boogie all nite with Live Rock and Roll band “Blues Express”
3) Get entertained by Bruce Lee and Elvis Presley
4) Get inspired by Toastmasters Int’l Top 3 Champions and Humorous Champions
5) Tickle your funny bones with R(A) Comedy Performance
6) Participate in games played in the 60s. Lovely prizes for winners!
7) Indulge in sumptuous buffet dinner with booze and other beverages
AND MUCH MUCH MORE!
Below are the details:
Venue: Sheraton Towers
Date/Time: June 5, Monday, from 6.30pm to 11pm and beyond…
(ALL MEMBERS and GUESTS are welcome to join!)
Dress code: Preferably 60s/nostalgic, but nothing beats your presence!
After hearing wide interest from members on the event but not on the prices, the organizing team had a huge negotiation with Sheraton Towers and we manage to bring down ticket prices to a symbolic $50 for members.
Price: $5O for members & $55 for guest.
Pay us during meetings or make your booking using our Secured PayPal Gateway
Please note that there will be a PayPal service charge of 3.9% plus SGD 0.50 per transaction which is also included below in each of the fees. Please click on the small arrow to see the dropdown.
After you have paid, you will receive an email acknowledgement from firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Your payment to Toastmasters Club of Singapore”. When you open the email, you will see the receipt number at the end of the note from Paypal. Please forward your payment receipt to Jeffrey (email@example.com) or Yukee (firstname.lastname@example.org) for confirmation.
(Note: For those who have paid, we will do the refund accordingly :))
Let’s celebrate 50 years young party together!!!