About Toastmaster Club of Singapore
Toastmasters’ Club of Singapore is the first and longest-standing Toastmasters Club in Singapore.
The history of Toastmasters’ training is as old as the history of Singapore’s path towards self-determination and independence.
Together, they started Toastmasters Club of Singapore in 1967 to provide a community for individuals who aim to improve their communications and leadership abilities.
The purpose of the Toastmasters Club of Singapore are as follows:
- To help its member improve their abilities to communicate effectively
- To provide its members instruction, educational materials, and opportunities which will give them skills and experience in the preparation and delivery of speeches
- To encourage its members to read and listen analytically
- To provide its members fair and constructive evaluation of their efforts toward self improvement
- To increase its member’s knowledge of the rules of parliamentary procedure, and their skills in conducting meetings and participating in group discussions
- To offer leadership training for its members
- To provide opportunities and encouragement for its members to appear before our audiences to express their thoughts clearly